Former NBA player Milt Palacio was falsely reported to have passed away following a rumor that he was hit by a car Thursday night.
The false news story said that Palacio, 41, had been knocked down by a Honda Civic outside of a mall in Toronto, adding that he was taken to a local hospital where he eventually succumbed to his injuries. It was reported that “failed brakes” was the cause of the accident.
The initial reports claimed that the U.S. Consulate in Canada had confirmed Palacio’s identity.
However, Palacio – who is in his second season as the assistant coach of the Nets’ G-League affiliate – was reached by the Nets and confirmed to be okay. Palacio is with the G-League team in Canton.
“These reports are inaccurate – we have spoken to Milt, and he is fine,” a public relations coordinator for the Nets told The Post.